The main ingredient of Golden paste is turmeric. Recently everyone is talking about the amazing benefits of turmeric, it’s antiseptic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, good for skin, great for digestion, blood circulation… the list goes on. The wonders of turmeric have in fact been known about for hundreds of years and is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine.
So firstly here is the recipe I use to make Golden Paste! WARNING: do not make this recipe in your favorite clothes as turmeric stains.
Golden Paste ingredients
- 1/4 cup of organic turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp raw virgin coconut oil
- It’s super simple, place the turmeric, black pepper and water into a pan. Cook until it forms a thick paste.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the coconut oil. transfer to a jar (or other suitable container with a lid) and allow to cool before storing in the fridge.
- It can be kept for upto 2 weeks.
Now to the Golden milk which is yummy and great to drink before bed. This is how I like to drink it, you can adjust to taste.
Golden Milk ingredients
- 1 tsp golden paste
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- Alpro Coconut milk (you can use the milk of your choice e.g almond, soy, cow etc)
- pinch of cinnamon
- Place a tsp of golden paste into a mug with the coconut nectar and blend together.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Heat in the microwave until its hot, I recommend stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon on top, and serve.
you can also make it on the stove but that creates a lot more washing up!
NB. you might have to keep stirring as the paste can sink to the bottom of the mug if you take a while to drink it.
One thought on “Golden paste and Golden milk recipes.”
We were introduced to turmeric while in Belize 2 years ago, and that introduction has led to a business partnership with remote villages, which has led to developing an easy way for consumers to enjoy the benefits of Golden Milk–after 4 weeks of the beverage I am off my daily dose of Alieve! (Don’t forget to add the coconut oil to your mix and milk!) This weeks blog is actually focused on the benefits of turmeric…