This is just yummy and has had very positive reviews when I’ve made it for others. It is balanced, nutritious, easy and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. I have also made it alcohol free, but by all means add wine to your risotto if you have alcohol.
Ingredients (serves one so multiply it up for more):
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 75grams arborio rice
- 1/4 brown onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1tsp Swiss vegetable vegan bouillon powder or any other veg stock
- 350ml boiling water
- 100g asparagus tips or fine asparagus cut into approx. 2cm pieces
- Handful of spinach (roughly chopped)
- 90grams Roasted and peeled whole chestnuts (I like the Merchant Gourmet ones for ease) chopped into halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Alright so this is really quick and easy!
- Chop the onion and garlic. Melt the coconut oil in a pan of your choice, once it’s hot enough add the onion and garlic.
- Allow the onion to soften, then add the bouillon powder, pepper and rice to the pan.
- After 1-2mins stirring, start adding the water a bit at a time and keep stirring. Simmer for 15mins… And yes stir!
- Now add your asparagus and simmer another 5mins.
- Check the consistency of the rice is as you like it (it shouldn’t be dry, more of a creamy slightly soupy texture) ahh sorry hard to explain! Add the spinach and chestnuts, just fold them in, the heat from the risotto will wilt the spinach and warm through the chestnuts.
- Serve straight away 😊
There you have it, give it a try! Any questions just leave a comment.