So the weather’s getting colder and its time to start wrapping up and fueling our bodies. I invented this delicious soup today at lunchtime! All organic, clean, healthy produce and 100% vegan too. So easy anyone could do it and only takes 20mins!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1tsp vegan bouillon powder
- Black pepper
- 35g dry weight split red lentils
- Gem squash, roughly chopped
- Handful of kale, large stalks removed
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the onions, allowing them to soften.
- Add the Carrot, Lentils, Black pepper, Stock powder and boiling water. Leave to simmer 10 mins stirring occasionally.
- Add the Gem squash and continue cooking until the squash is done.
- Add the kale and stir through. Transfer the soup into a blender and wizz it up until smooth.
- Serve with a little black pepper to taste and some bread of your choice.